The Rhode Island Builders Association, established in 1945, is a progressive, not-for-profit organization addressing the housing needs of the community.
The goals of the association are to…
- Support the building industry’s effort to enhance the economic growth and quality of life in Rhode Island;
- Promote the highest standards of professionalism for the betterment of the building industry and those we serve;
- Provide leadership, education, technology and necessary services to improve the skills of our members and the quality of their products; and,
- Enhance a cooperative relationship between government, the community, and ourselves.
RIBA helps its members and the Rhode Island community
- Includes among its members home builders, remodelers, lenders, suppliers, real-estate professionals and others whose work is related to the industry.
- Works to improve the professionalism, technical skills and job safety of its member companies through educational programs. Tuition for classes and seminars is FREE for members and their employees.
- Strives to improve consumer protection by educating the public about how to find and work with professional contractors.
- Is the united voice of the housing industry to Rhode Island’s lawmakers, regulators and the public. Provides essential day-to-day services for members, such as construction documents and an in-house full service insurance agency, Builders Insurance Group (BIG).
- Offers social programs that provide enjoyable and networking opportunities for members.
- Is one of the nation’s largest local trade associations serving residential builders and remodelers doing business in America’s smallest state.
- Is affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).